PolarNet collects as little personal data from its users as needed for the website to function. Types of personal data collected include:
- Usage data collected through functionality cookies intended to improve the functioning of this website.
- Data collected through third-party cookies from Twitter and Youtube.
- Data collected because they are voluntary provided by the User when submitting a question through our Contact Form.
Data will only be provided to third parties when necessary to display content from these parties or when it is legally obligated to do so.
Personal data collected by polarnet-itn.eu
The following types of data are collected by PolarNet:
- Data supplied when you submit our contact form, including:
- E-mail address
- Any information you provide in the subject or message field
- Data regarding your activities on this website
- Internetbrowser and machine type
- Data collected by third party cookies needed to display content from Twitter and Youtube
Special or sensitive personal data collected
Our website does not intend to collect any personal data from visitors younger than 16 years, unless permission has been granted by a parent or legal guardian. We can however not verify the age of our visitors, and recommend that parents monitor of the surfing habits of their children. If you are convinced that we have collected data from children without proper permission, please contact us through the contact form on our website.
Goals and basis on which we collect personal data
PolarNet collects personal data for the following goals:
- In order to reply to you via email regarding a question or suggestion you submit to us through the contact form.
- In order to analyze your usage of our website to improve the working of the website.
- In order to display content from Twitter and Youtube
How long do we store your personal data
Your data is kept no longer than necessary. The only data stored by PolarNet is the data freely submitted through the contact form. This data is deleted 1 month after the last communication with you.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
PolarNet will only share data with third parties when necessary for the display of specific content from Twitter and Youtube, or when it is legally obligated to do so.
Cookies, or relatable technologies, used by us
When you first visited our website, we have informed you regarding the use of these cookies, and asked for your permission.
You have the right to access your data, verify and seek rectification of your data, or have your personal data deleted or otherwise removed at any time. In addition, you have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your data, or to object to the processing of your data. Under certain circumstances, you also have the right to restrict the processing of your data, in which case PolarNet will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it. Finally, you have the right to have your data transferred to another controller. In this case PolarNet will send your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format to another controller.
You can make a request for access, rectification, removal, or transfer of your personal data, or a request to restrict processing, by sending a request through our contact form. To ensure that the request was made by you, we ask you to submit a copy of a valid passport or drivers licence. To protect your privacy, in this copy make unreadable your passport or licence number, your social security number, and any machine readable part of your identification. We will respond within 4 weeks to your request.
Protection of your personal data
PolarNet takes the protection of your data seriously, mostly by not collecting it in the first place. If you feel that your data is not well protected, please contact us through our Contact Form.